Sunday, October 11, 2009

A model who loves lingeries, stilettos and cats




Former kindergarten teacher Felixia Yeap, 23, just loves cats and cannot help but stop and pat every feline she comes across.
Now a full time model, she pointed out that the underlining meaning of her name comes from the Latin word Felin which also means cat.
Besides being a feline lover, Felixia also collects lingerie and super-high stilettos, something which she happily parades around but in the comfort of her apartment in Kuala Lumpur.
However, this Ipoh lass quickly added: “One of the biggest reasons I love beaches is because I get to wear really tiny bikinis and run around in public - provided I don’t get in trouble with the law.”
Felixia made a name for herself recently. First, she spurned the Miss Malaysia World 2009 beauty pageant just because she did not like the terms and conditions. Instead of being depressed with her decision, she took part in the Lumix Panasonic Star Search contest and won.
She is now the brand’s first Malaysian ambassador.
“I am so happy to have won but I am also very tired of beauty pageants. I now want to get back to work as a model,” she added.
Felixia also aspires to be a TV host. Besides being a fast car junkie and a fairly good singer, she is confident that she can present the F1 telecast as well.
What do you like about KL?
I like KL because of its variety factor. From culture, to food and things to buy, the varieties are endless. I also find the people are warmer and friendlier. The lifestyle is also more relaxed compared with cities such as Hong Kong and Singapore. KL is still surrounded by greens and of course, the availability of food day and night.
Who do you dislike about KL?
There are still some things which I don’t like about KL such as the security. I also cannot stand the heat as KL can be quite hot at times. I’m also peeved that my favourite lingerie brand Victoria’s Secret is still not available at shopping malls here.
Where is your favourite place to hang-out?
Oldtown Coffee, not just any of your regular Oldtowns, but the one in Bangsar South. I love its ambiance and close-to-nature concept. Another alternative would be Wendy’s at Mont Kiara because it’s pretty peaceful, homely and hidden. My favourite night spot would be Luna Bar...love its pool and awesome scenery.
What is your favourite food?
The mere mention of the word food gets me all excited. I love the New Ipoh Chicken Rice in Jalan Gasing, the roasted pork noodle at Chinatown, Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa at Kampung Baru, Padding-ton House of Pancake at One Utama, Flying Chilli at The Gardens and Rakuzen at Plaza Damas. Basically, I’m a food lover. And I am not that picky about food.
What do you do to relax?
Relaxation? You’ve asked the right person. I relax by going to spas. Not just any spas, but the full-on body massage plus facial-plus-jacuzzi-plus-bath-plus-scrub-plus-dozing off. I love JoJoBa’s Exclusive Red Wine Spa and their Chocolate spa. I also like singing karaoke and swinging to a kind of dance called “Coyote Groove” at the gym.

0 comments: